Friday, September 12, 2014

South Park Did It

An entire episode of South Park was dedicated to explaining how nothing is original because Simpsons have already done everything. It is obvious how this relates to what we have been talking about because everything is repetitive.


I however disagree that everything is repetitive. Take one of my favorite movies for example, Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa. It is a movie where all the scenes were pranks yet it also had a story line. I can’t think of anyone else that has done that before.


4 comments:

  1. I love pranks! I can't believe I have never seen this movie before. I'm going to pull an Adorno and make my own movie with my own pranks. But I am going to do it even bigger and better... It seems that Adorno does have some truth to our day, because I think instead of striving to be original we strive more to do things bigger and/or better. But why doesn't making something bigger or better count as original or maybe it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever seen Little Miss Sunshine? Or how about this?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dPLWKBWkn3s

    Maybe Bad Grandpa isn't so original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^ That youtube video doesn't do what Bad Grandpa did. In Bad Grandpa, the audience was never in on it. But in that Youtube video with Tom Hanks, you could tell the audience was in on it. Bad Grandpa is original because there isn't a movie that focuses on pranking people but also has a story line. They weren't pranking people in that Tom Hanks video nor in Little Miss Sunshine. And Bad Grandpa wasn't even about the pageant. That was just one scene in the film.

    ReplyDelete