Sunday, September 7, 2014

Speaking of Intertextuality...

I don't know how many of you have seen Forrest Gump, it is 20 years old, but you might be amazed at the things in our culture it introduced.  This article talks about some of these things.  I recommend it, ( the article AND the movie) especially if you are having a hard time understanding the concept of Intertextuality.  This article defines Intertextuality when it talks about the parodies by MADtv, John Waters, The Simpsons, Lt. Dan Band, etc.  Scores of media have referenced this movie.  Enjoy.
 People Magazine online http://www.people.com/article/forrest-gump-20th-anniversary

1 comment:

  1. One of my all time favorite movies. Still, to this day, when I play an online game with my friends, some one might say "Run Forest Run" as well as the "From that day on, where ever I went, I was running." Tom Hanks was great and he really sold that character.

    ReplyDelete