Friday, October 3, 2014

Music


Music and Influence


What is the one thing we all do while driving ourselves to class? We turn on music whether it’s a cd, radio, or our iPhones/ipods. We do this almost automatically no one really gets in the car too often, and doesn’t turn some type of music on to listen to the beat and lyrics. One of the reasons I do this is because music is always something that can change my mood, just by listening to one song it can take me back to a certain time in my life. Or feelings I had at that time when that song was on one of my playlists and I listened to that certain song a lot. So music to me is probably one of the biggest influences on my mood that day or a reminder of a certain time period in my life.

 That is weird to think about that music could influence us as humans? I don’t think it is really influencing what I am doing as a person or making me grow up a certain way. I listen to a lot of rap music and hip-hop, but the music doesn’t influence me to go out and take drugs, sell drugs, and have sex. Even if some of these things I stated before are something that people that listen to “gansta rap” do on a regular basis. I would not say that these people act like this, because the music had an effect on them or made an impression to do so. No, people act this way because they were raised that way or decided to try stuff out and they liked that certain lifestyle.

Music is such a way of life now days that it is everywhere so if you go to a party music will be playing. You can probably bet on it, that it is going to be rap, hip-hop, and R&B. Wouldn’t really be a party in my mind if one of these types of music wasn’t playing continuously all night. Maybe a certain song comes on let’s say one of those one songs that has a certain dance to it, like “The Dougie”. You will see everyone break into that certain dance if they know it well enough.




 Music definitely influences our moods. It definitely influenced how we feel about certain things going on in our life at that time we are or did listen to that song. This is why people listen to music when trying to get pumped up to play in a sporting activity. People also listen to music when they are going do something where they want all of their senses to be woken up. Because music is one of those things that can bring up a certain feeling or mood for us, we continue to consume music and will probably never stop paying as long as the music keeps having this affect on our minds.

2 comments:

  1. I think that music does influence our lives as much if not more, than it is meant to entertain us. But I also think that it is meant to influence us and isn't just a side effect. the whole reason music was first invented was because we wanted to express our feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you because every time I am on my way to my soccer games, I listen to that one song, "The Champ" by Nelly, and it gives me that feeling of excitement and motivation. There's a song for everything. Whatever mood you are in, there's always a song you could listen to, to solve your problems. Music eases pain, motivates people, and could also calm a person down when their mad. Artists create songs to express their feelings, and those feelings could also be someone else's. And yes! I will continue to pay for music and listen to it, as long as it could still motivate me, and sometimes solve my problems.

    ReplyDelete