Thursday, October 23, 2014

Television

     In class/ in the readings a few weeks ago, we walked about how there are a lot of different shows that have good comedy, or theatrical elements but didn't make it because they have controversial parts that make them not very popular to the public. I was really bummed because I looked up a lot the shows and they seemed really funny! A few days later my sister told me about a show called Brooklyn Nine-Nine. It's by the same producers as Parks and Rec so I was really excited to watch it. Honestly, I've been obsessed with it ever since I watched the first episode. So I wondered why it really wasn't that popular of a show.
    I thought about the last few controversial things we talked about and they're almost all present. One of the more important characters is a powerful girl who wants to be captain--kind of an oppositional view towards common woman roles. Another aspect that's present is the acting captain is gay. Another oppositional view towards common roles except towards the man this time. According to Fox Multi-platform stats, the shows ratings are actually up 101%. So the public is maybe becoming more susceptible to these sort of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment