Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Grumpy Cat




Has Grumpy Cat Really Made Millions?


While this story goes on to say that Grumpy Cat did not actually make 100 million dollars, that cat has made a ridiculous amount of money for a cat.

I was in Joann Fabrics the other day and stopped to look at some plush Grumpy Cats on display, because that cat is adorable, and I wondered how it is that society has made it so that a cat can make more then some people ever will in their entire lives.


Grumpy Cat is now an image that will be forever remembered, he's all over the internet and will people in the future consider him high culture or low culture?

2 comments:

  1. Perfect example of iconic semiotics. I personally think the cat is ugly, there are much cuter ones, but his look is so unique and reflective of human emotion I can see why people like him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it. It is just funny how people can get famous off of anything now a days.

    ReplyDelete